1/ The following nationalities can stay without visa from one to three months in French Polynesia (except those with a remunerated employment during their stay, no matter for how long is it):
- European Union : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, The United Kingdom, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Spain, Greece..
- Asia-Pacific : South Korea, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, Tokelau Islands, Niue, Cook Islands, Mariana Islands, American Samoa Islands, Guam and American passport holders, Australia, Norfolk citizens and holders of Australian passports, Malaysia, Brunei, Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Marshall Islands, Western Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Taiwan ( the condition to have a passport bearing the identity card number)..
- Chinese nationals from Hong-Kong with HKSAR passports and those from Macao with RAEM passports.
- North, South and Central America : United States, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guatemala, The Bahamas, The Barbados.
- Other countries : Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Holy See, Switzerland, Croatia, Antigua and the Barbados, Israel, Macedonia, Maurice, Montenegro, Palaos, Saint Christophe and Nevis, Serbia, Seychelles.
2/ Nationals from other countries are required to obtain a visa from the Embassy of France or the French consulate of their country. This visa must have the required mention “Valid for French Polynesia”..
3/ Foreigners exempted of a visa should contact the direction of Borders Police of French Polynesia. Tel: 689 80 06 20. For more information, click on this link.
Since January 12, 2009, to transit on USA, you must:
- Be in possession of a round-trip plane ticket (that proves you leave the U.S territory, no matter the airport of entry or departure).
- Submit an electronic passport except if you have a valid individual machine readable passport and emitted no later than October 25, 2005. Otherwise, obtaining a visa will be required.
- Complete the ESTA formalities, paying since September 2010, on this site before travelling to receive a travel authorization.